Pharmacy benefit management at Optum
Optum pharmacy benefit management (PBM) is laser-focused on doing the right thing. This intensity has sparked innovations that increase cost control by decreasing the personal impact of an injury. Our services:
- Make filling a prescription easier through a directly-contracted network that includes nearly all of the nation's pharmacies
- Capture more prescriptions "in-network", achieving up to 98% retail network penetration and reducing your administrative burden in the process
- Ensure the injured person receives the right medication at the right time
- Mitigate potential high-risk, high-cost situations
- Are backed by 24/7/365 service and accessible, hands-on leadership
Deliberately synchronized program offering
We built our carefully crafted, deliberately synchronized program on a strong foundation: a fully redundant, secure technology and service platform. On top of this, we overlay injury-specific medication plans and formularies, drug utilization review criteria, and client-specific business rules. These criteria feed our proprietary electronic adjudication platform, keeping data and communication flowing between pharmacy to payer; lighting the way forward to better outcomes.
Want to know more? Get in touch or click one of the boxes below.